Winning Smiles Orthodontics offers treatment for common orthodontics problems to the residents in and around Washington, DC; Bowie, MD; Hyattsville, MD; Prince George’s County; Montgomery County; and Anne Arundel County.
What Are Some Common Orthodontics Problems?
Many adults, teenagers, and children will experience some kind of dental issue in their lifetime. Orthodontics specifically addresses concerns with the bony structures of your mouth, most notably your teeth and jaw. At Winning Smiles Orthodontics, we address a multitude of common problems, such as crowding, gapping, and bite irregularities. To view videos relating to common orthodontic problems CLICK HERE!
With offices in Bowie and Hyattsville, Winning Smiles Orthodontics has expertise with a variety of common orthodontics problems. Our more than 15 years of experience has helped improve the dental function and appearance of individuals across Bowie, MD; Hyattsville, MD; Prince George’s County; Montgomery County; and Anne Arundel County, as well as other neighboring locales. Some of the most common problems faced by patients include the following:
- Crossbite: When you have a crossbite, your upper teeth sit inside your lower teeth, which may result in tooth stratification and a misaligned jaw bite.
- Crowding: This condition occurs when your mouth does not have enough room for your teeth. Although tooth removal may be required to fix this common problem, expansion may also be a sufficient solution.
- Midlines: A dental midline is the line between your two upper front teeth and your two lower front teeth. If these don’t line up, your back bite may not fit and match appropriately, leading to problems with the functioning of your jaw and teeth.
- Openbite: Patients have an openbite when their upper and lower front teeth do not overlap. This common problem can be caused by sucking your thumb or continuously thrusting your tongue against your front teeth.
- Overbite: If you have an overbite, your upper front teeth extend out over your lower front teeth, which can result in chewing or biting problems. Some overbites are so severe that the lower front teeth bite into the roof of the mouth.
- Protrusion: For patients with protruding teeth, their upper teeth hang too far forward, causing difficulties in jaw function and affecting their facial aesthetics. Protrusion also occurs when the lower teeth do not expand far enough forward.
- Spacing: Gaps between your teeth are a common problem that may be the result of missing teeth or normal growth and development. For some patients, uneven spacing is simply a cosmetic issue that they want to correct.
- Underbite: When you have an underbite, your lower jaw sticks out, and your lower front teeth sit inside your upper front teeth.
How Much Does Treatment for Common Orthodontics Problems Cost?
Your treatment for common orthodontic problems will be just as individualized as you are. Prices will vary depending on the kind of treatment you receive at Winning Smiles Orthodontics.
To learn more about orthodontic costs, please schedule an appointment today. By thoroughly examining your situation, he can answer all of your questions about orthodontic prices, including payment and financing options. His courteous and helpful staff will also help determine if your dental insurance covers the cost of orthodontics. Our goal is to provide high-quality care at an affordable price that meets the needs of all our patients.
If you are considering orthodontics treatment, then please look at our orthodontics before and after pictures in our Smile Gallery. With these images, you can get a better idea of the benefits of the orthodontics treatments offered by Winning Smiles Orthodontics.
Additional Patient Education Topics
- Early Orthodontic Treatment
- Orthodontics for Kids and Teens
- Adult Orthodontic Treatment
- Emergency Info
- Oral Hygiene
- Your First Visit
At Winning Smiles Orthodontics, “A Winning Smile Is Always in Style!” Our top-notch orthodontics team recognize that each patient has unique requirements and desires. Our services have improved the lives of people from in and around Washington, DC, including residents of Bowie, MD; Hyattsville, MD; Prince George’s County; Montgomery County; and Anne Arundel County. Whether you are an adult, a child, or a teenager, our knowledgeable staff is committed to helping you achieve the smile you deserve. Please call 301-249-4123 today to schedule your free initial consultation!